Using technology to provide healthcare services that are affordable and accessible to many.
The Common Dissemination Booster (CDB) is a brand-new service from the European Commission which encourages projects to come together to identify a common portfolio of results and showscase these to end-users, with an eye on exploitation opportunities. TEAM ITN is a proud member of the CDB and is working with two other innovative training programmes Connected Health Early Stage Researcher Support System (CHESS) and Cancer: Activating Technology for Connected Health (CATCH). (Hover over CHESS / CATCH to go to respective websites)
TEAM ITN is collaborating with CATCH ITN and CHESS ITN to help disseminate associated information under an "Connected Health"platform. CATCH ITN and CHESS ITN are programmes looking at e-health for cancer patients and connected health programmes. Together the "Connect Health" network will disseminate relevant information to wide audiences. Information such as end user privacy and policies, well-being apps, connected health frameworks amongst other results will be disseminated to multiple stakeholders.
The common objectives of these three projects are as follows:
- To raise awareness of each project and to promote the projects to various stakeholders.
- To encourage researchers to pursue a career in connected health.
- To improve healthcare delivery through the activities and dissemination of each project.
- To contribute to improved healthcare by providing better connected-health dissemination as part of Connected Health.
- To contribute to research and training that ensures inter-disciplinary and inter-sectoral inputs.
- To share knowledge and research with healthcare stakeholders and the research community.
- To participate in the discussion and action to improve healthcare globally.
The common audience or stakeholders across this Connected Health platform are:
- Patients and patient organisations,
- Healthcare workers,
- Researchers and research institutions,
- Educational organisations,
- Industry, such as health technology industries,
- Government bodies and European health policy experts,
- General public.
Common portfolio of results will be disseminated through;
- Connect Health webpage,
- Twitter (CHESS, CATCH & TEAM),
- Flyer, and
- Policy brief .